four

Today you are four.
How did that happen?
Four years ago I held the sweetest little baby in my arms. You slept so well, ate like a champ and I instantly loved you more than I thought I could ever love anything in the whole world.
Now you are four and I am not sure how, but I love you even more.
You love to draw. You could draw all day. You love to draw super hero's but also draw your family and houses and buildings and under water scenes. I love how you draw me. I have the most beautiful long and flowing yellow hair and I always have huge pink smile. I hope that is how you see me.
You print your name with ease. You also print Pa, Nana Mom, Dad and half of your brothers name. You are starting to ask what words start with and are eager to print words to label your pictures.  You frequently call yourself and artist. Wow.
You play soccer.
You love to ride your bike.
You love to jump on the trampoline.
You would stay in the pool all day if could.
Good thing there are Spiderman cartoons on netflix to get you out of the pool and keep you dry for a while.
You wake at 6-6:30 am and are in bed by 7:30.  You take the odd bath but love to shower.  You have 3 stories before bed and always try for an extra.
You wear Spiderman pajamas every night.  You tolerate the new avenger PJ's but will only wear other PJ's backwards-I have not quite figured out the reason for this yet.
You have a peanut butter sandwich and fruit EVERY day for lunch.  You like your sandwich cut into 4 triangles.  At Easter I cut it into an egg shape and you didn't eat one bite.  It's OK. I like routine too. 
You have just about finished your first year of pre-school.
You have started piano lessons.
You are mostly kind to your brother.  You do like to sneak in the odd whack with a foam sword.  You are the first to offer to choose and episode of Wonder Pets for your little brother, you always know which ones he prefers.
You are healthy, happy and funny.
You kiss me everyday before you bound into your classroom.  Everyday I smile and think about that kiss the whole way to the jeep.
You ask me to marry you at least once a week.
You and your Dad are buddies.  You and Pa are best friends.
You are four.


1 comment :

Anonymous said...

You are the most amazing Mom ever, my friend! Your son obviously adores you as much as you adore him. We love keeping up with you and your boys through your blog. You do the neatest things with them. They will have such a treasure trove of cherished memories of these times spent with you. Happy Belated Birthday to your sweet little guy. I can't wait to read about his (and your) next adventures! Big hugs from Riv and the Rivlets! xoxoxo