big shoes to fill

...The Sprout loves shoes, especially his Daddy's. The Sprout's choice in shoes this day made me laugh. There is cute story that will always make me smile when I see white men's shoes. It goes like this...
Once upon a time....many years ago.....
Stacey- " ...so you went out last night, meet anyone?"
Sassy- "ummm, not really. I gave some guy my number, but I'm not really going to go out with him."
Stacey - "What?! Why not?"
Sassy - "I'm busy with report cards, I have laundry, I ummm.........well......I think he was wearing white shoes."
Stacey- "You are going out with him."
...and they lived happily ever after!
(This is a true story. McDreamy WAS wearing white shoes AND a skintight diesel T-shirt. I learned to like white shoes on guys and he has since recycled the diesel t-shirt. Each year on our anniversary we consider and then giggle hysterically about donning out "first encounter" apparel, mine being a black tube top and mini-jean skirt. The picture of us talking that one fateful night is like a photograph that sits on my shelf it is so clear in my mind.....I love you more each day McDreamy!) Ps- thanks again Stacey!

4 comments :

Jenn said...

Awwwwwwwe :)

Your story made me smile big time!

Very sweet and funny. Love that you paired the story with the Sprout wearing McDreamy's shoes. That made it just perfect.

Leica Forrest said...

that is an awesome story!!!!!! Great scrapbook layout story!!!

the treat girl said...

The Sprout is toooooo cute!!! And quicker than you can imagine he will fit in those shoes!! Check out my post from Tues. Jan 5th....I take T.'s picture in my husbands snow boots every year on his birthday.........now he's 13 and they almost fit!!!! :(

oliver rain said...

That is adorable. Funny how first impression can be so wrong. And now you have two wonderful men in your life.