get away...

 It was -35 outside but toasty warm inside!
This was a trip to add to the family lake memories.
Walking and "swimming" on the lake was so fun even though a bit scary.
We stuck close to shore where I know the depths.  The skidoo and animal tracks were bountiful and also a good guide to follow.  It was still surreal to walk and run on a surface where we usually canoe!
 Inside we were treated to this! My new mudroom!
We've been planning this for months and it finally came together!
The lockers were a Kijiji find and CHEAP! They came from an old pole dancing club! Too funny!  I want the locker that says "Bunny". 
The pebble floor is better than I could have dreamed of-perfect lake flooring! I continue with the stone in the guest bath and even as a feature wall in the living room.  I have visions of using it for a backsplash in the kitchen as well but that would require new cabinets an counters and a LOT of favors/home cooked suppers for my sweet husband!
Caged light-hard to find but I found it locally.

I'll save the stranded story for another day....  lets just say our get away was extended, and greatly enjoyed by all!

2 comments :

Jerri-Lea said...

Cannot wait to visit the cabin!! Looking great!!

sassy said...

we are almost ready for you-new log beds on order!