Island Paradise

Here it is.
My island of paradise.
(just for the record my sweet husband is trying to get  me to commit to a real island paradise like Hawaii or some other hot location right now but I am determined to stay put this year!)
Compiled from dozens of pintrest images.
Made just for us by our fabulous contractor.
 4L glass jars collected over the years perfect to keep oatmeal, rice, sugar and even candies fresh.
 I am not sure if the stools will stay yellow-they do match the lockers but I am not really a yellow person. Thoughts?  White?
Would it help if you imagined the cupboards washed in a fresh antique eggshell off white?
If so, then what colour counter?  What style of sink? Taps?  Kitchen aid mixer? 
This get away kitchen is so fun to design because it is purely for fun and relaxation.  It is great for baking on a rainy day or very early cinnamon buns for my boys and neighbors but when we are at the lake it is all about family, BBQ's and spending time enjoying each other...which is usually outside.
I still can't believe this place is ours.  Our family getaway spot.  The memories have just begun!

2 comments :

Jerri-Lea said...

I like the pop of yellow but if you are really against it what about blue or red like in the 'red rose tea' sign? Love the Camp mugs!!

Niki said...

The mugs are fantastic!